Friday, June 29, 2012

Practice Run

I've just returned to Australia from a 7 month stint overseas. 1 month in NY and 7 months living in Toronto. The plan was to live it up over there for 2 years, but the economy had other things in mind for me. Unfortunately the job market in Toronto is tough as anything right now, and 6 weeks temp work was the most I could find, which meant my savings diminished, so I had to make the decision to move back to Australia.

I can't lie, I'm slightly crushed, but I have no regrets, it was the biggest emotional learning curve for me and I'd like to call it a practice run. My hope and vision of living in the U.S. is still there, and rather than crawling into a ball and crying, I'm remaining positive that I'll make it there one day. Toronto was always there as a stepping stone.

7 months overseas and I struggled to find work, and I've been back here in Australia for 1 week and I start a job on Monday. I'm completely thankful, this work has come as a blessing. I'm not sure what the future has in store, I haven't had time to process things since I arrived back, but a masterplan will soon be in the works.

After spending the past 4 days visiting my close friends in Melbourne, I've nearly got the jet lag beat and am adjusting back to life in Adelaide. Ready for the next episode. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment