Saturday, March 6, 2010

Harry the duck whisperer

I have been at my new job for 2 weeks now. After being a lady of leisure for the past 4 months due to overseas travels I'm now slowly adjusting back into a 9 to 5. Starting a new job is always stressful and my brain has been fried the past 2 weeks learning my new position. The one thing keeping my sanity is that I get to spend my lunch breaks here...



.
Here is where I met Harry, a vagrant in his 40s. I ran into Harry one morning walking to work, he was rockin the barefoot, shorts and singlet look with a stubbie in his hand for breakfast. Walkin past we exchanged head nods.
.
Later that day on my lunch break in the park I walk past the pond and see Harry standing on the waters edge wailing his arms around and talking to the ducks. I say hi and ask what he's upto and he explains that he's just hanging out with the ducks and having a chat to them.
.
At this stage the ducks were over the otherside of the pond and Harry says 'im a duck whisperer you know!' Next thing Harry lifts his hands in the air and yells out 'come on now' and all of the ducks swim straight over to him and hang around at his feet, a couple get out the water and walk on the lawn and Harry so happy with his life continues his convo with them.
.
I walk away slightly baffled and later see Harry walking through the park singing.
.
The simple things.
.
*shrugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment