Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 6 - Final Countdown

Friday 4th June

Our last night in New York! Amy and I stayed local for the day and Tamia and Vicki hit the town shopping, it was a fairly epic day for them conquering canal street and century 21. Our Friday night was looking jam packed. Amy, Tamia and I headed to Nokia Theatre to see Mint Condition, Dwele and Laura Izibor. This show was insane, Dwele was amazing, I'm such a big fan, so was a absolute treat for us to see him. Mint Condition blew us away, the band were epic, love love love. After the show we headed back to the apartment to get ready for our night out.

First stop was Ill Banger at Stay Lounge, we met up with Jason & Esquire there, as well as a quick catch up with Melo-X, who was just in Melbourne 2 weeks beforehand. After trying not to melt at Stay Lounge we headed to The Vault to see J Period, Cosmo Baker and 4th Pyramid spin, as well as celebrate Mr Walt's Birthday. We also caught up with our good friend Tamir (Lyrics2Go Entertainment). Suley and Jamila joined us ladies to party along with Mr Walt, Evil Dee, Wayneski, Bazarro, Esquire and Skinny. Thank the lawd for the aircon at The Vault, we danced the night away, and Tamia and Vicki went in on the tequila's, haha.

As the doors closed at The Vault we all headed to Soup & Burger, a 24 hour spot, to eat. As Vicki and I munched on our club sandwich, in walks Just Blaze. I pretty much wet my pants, I'm such a fan, he walks in to say hi to Evil Dee, Walt and the boys and I just quietly freak out in my chair. The girls didn't recognise Just Blaze, so they were strangely looking at me as to why I freaked out, haha. Good times. 6am rolls around and was time for final goodbye's out the front of Soup & Burger. Plenty of hugs and love from the guys, Tamir drives us back to Harlem as the sun is coming up.





No comments:

Post a Comment